The reworked Dust 2 has definitely replaced the old one in the live client. Valve will keep updating the map according to feedback and bug reports received.
- Replaced de_dust2 with updated version.
- Improved de_nuke bot navigation.
- Unique jump landing sounds for all major surfaces.
- Unique sounds for picking up weapons and grenades.
- Unique bullet impact sounds for vehicles and barrels.
- Re-balanced music kits volume to be more in-line with the overall game volume.
- Improved resolution and quality of HRTF algorithm.
- Both Perfect World Sticker Capsule Limited Time Offers and Graffiti Capsule Limited Time Offers are now available worldwide.
- Added normal maps for “Gut Knife | Autotronic”, “Bayonet | Autotronic”, and “M9 Bayonet | Autotronic”.
- Fixed case where players could be blinded by a flashbang outside the map and out of line of sight.
Update size: 700 MB
Previous Dust II updates:
There are still no info on the addition of Dust 2 to the competitive map pool, and on which map it will substitute.
Header Image: Valve
Vincenzo is an esports writer with five years of experience. Former head editor for Natus Vincere, he has produced content for DreamHack, FACEIT, DOTAFire, 2P, and more. Follow him on @SkulzDota.