Dust 2 was removed from active duty in February, and replaced by Inferno. Valve completed the rework, and now it is available for download in the beta branch.
According to Valve, this new release has the goal to honor the original gameplay of Dust II, while also improving and refining the map.
A quick walk-through of Dust II
The following changes are in the “220.127.116.11-rc1” CS:GO Beta depot.
- Updated version of de_dust2 added.
- Improved de_nuke bot navigation.
- Unique jump landing sounds for all major surfaces.
- Unique sounds for picking up weapons, grenades and ammo.
- Unique bullet impact sounds for vehicles and barrels.
- Re-balanced music kit volume to be more in-line with the overall game volume.
- Improved resolution and quality of HRTF algorithm.
Dust 2 Screenshots
Vincenzo is an esports writer with five years of experience. Former head editor for Natus Vincere, he has produced content for DreamHack, FACEIT, DOTAFire, 2P, and more. Follow him on @SkulzDota.