Natus Vincere announced that Denis "seized" Kostin will go inactive. Aleksey "1uke" Zimin will replace him as a stand-in in the upcoming events.
With a VK post, NaVi’s coach Mikhaylo "Kane" Blagin alerted the fans that seized will step down from the active roster. A rough translation below:
Team Spirit Academy’s player 1uke will replace seized in the games against North and GODSENT at ESL Pro League on October 19-20.
In July, seized had stepped down from Natus Vincere together with Ladislav "GuardiaN" Kovács, but he was reintegrated into the team only a few weeks later, once Danylo "Zeus" Teslenko joined with the role of captain.
Since then, the team hasn't achieved any noteworthy result:
- NaVi, invited to ESL One New York as the defending champions, lost in the group stage 1-2.
- They also displayed a poor performance at ELEAGUE CS:GO Premier 2017, losing the decider’s match in the group stage against G2 Esports 2 to 0.
- The CIS qualifier for EPICENTER 2017 were progressing smoothly, but they failed in the Grand Final versus Vega Squadron.
- Natus Vincere’s best result took place at DreamHack Masters Malmö 2017 with a 5-8th place.
Seized declared on Twitter that he will comment on the reasoning behind this decision in a few days.
Natus Vincere’s roster
- Danylo "Zeus" Teslenko
- Ioann "Edward" Sukhariev
- Aleksandr "s1mple" Kostyliev
- Egor "flamie" Vasilyev
- Aleksey "1uke" Zimin (stand-in)
- Mikhaylo "Kane" Blagin (coach)
- Denis "seized" Kostin (inactive)
Header image by Helena Kristiansson - ESL