The Overwatch Competitive Hero Tier List for May 2018 is ready. All the heroes are split in groups based on their popularity in pro games.
All heroes are arranged in six tiers based on their time played in pro games. The usage rate in each map is helpful to understand in which battlefield a hero shines the most.
The requisites for each tier never change. The goal is offering a neutral comparison that shows how the meta evolves over time.
The win rate has no effect on the tiers. The tiers depend only on the hero usage time, and aren't affected either by the win rate of a hero or by their performance in pub matches.
No personal opinions. Every month, we will see which heroes raised or declined in rank solely through the statistics.
Only stats from the Overwatch League. Overwatch Contenders and any other tournament are not considered.
This month's tier list includes only statistics from OWL Stage 4 in order to display data from the current pro meta.
Maps played during Stage 4
Assault: Hanamura - Horizon Lunar Colony.
Escort: Dorado - Watchpoint: Gibraltar.
Hybrid: King's Row - Blizzard World.
Control: Lijiang Tower - Oasis - Nepal.
- New charts for attack, defense, tank, and support heroes!
- All relative radar graphs have been replaced with normalized ones. Let me know if you preferred the previous ones used in the April Tier List.
- Slightly revamped size and design of some charts.
Click an image to zoom it.
The tiers are viewed as clusters of data, and each hero is placed in the one they are closer the most.
Tier S: Zenyatta 96% - Mercy 93%.
Tier 1: D.Va 74% - Widowmaker 67% - Winston 59%.
Tier 2: None.
Tier 3: Reinhardt 29% - Tracer 28% - Brigitte 25% - Junkrat 23% - Zarya 23%.
Tier 4: Pharah 17% - Genji 15% - Hanzo 12% - Orisa 10% - McCree 8%.
Tier 5: Lucio 4% - Ana 2% - Roadhog 2% - Sombra 2% - Soldier: 76 1% - Moira 0.9% - Doomfist 0.7% - Bastion 0.4% - Mei 0.3% - Reaper 0.3% - 0.1% - Symmetra 0.03%.
Past Tier List: April 2018
Class comparison charts
- The usage rate of all heroes of the same class on each map.
- Only the top six heroes in each class are displayed.
Attack and Defense usage rate
- The usage rate of all heroes (up to tier 3) in attack and defense on each map.
- The characters are ordered according to this month's tier list.
Hero popularity by map
Vincenzo is an esports writer with five years of experience. Former head editor for Natus Vincere, he has produced content for DreamHack, FACEIT, DOTAFire, 2P, and more. Follow him on @SkulzDota.