All the hints we have on the new and upcoming Dota 2 heroes will be updated on this page over time. Currently, the next expected hero is called Mars.
We still have no official info from Valve on Mars, but the main client update on January 3rd, 2018 included various files associated to him.
- Added particles for "Spear Wall" of a hero internally referred to as "Mars".
- Added ability icon for Mars' Phalanx Cancel.
- Added ability icon for Mars' Spear.
All game files related to Mars have been removed in a second update during the same day.
Some users noticed that the Mars’ Spear model is identical to The Spear of the Beast from Monster Hunter Generation, and it is the same weapon employed in the famous manga Ushio & Tora.
- Do not forget that many past heroes have been teased with a different name in the game files, so Mars could not be the final one.
- We are predicting a spear user, maybe correlated to a Spartan warrior or to the Roman god of war, Mars. It isn’t something unrealistic as in the game we already have Zeus, the Greek thunder god.
- Many League of Legends players are already considering our next hero a copy of one of their champions, Pantheon.
Header image: Kiranico // MHGen
Vincenzo is an esports writer with five years of experience. Former head editor for Natus Vincere, he has produced content for DreamHack, FACEIT, DOTAFire, 2P, and more. Follow him on @SkulzDota.