FACEIT shared all details on the qualification process for the CS:GO London Major. The schedule and format of the regional open qualifiers have been revealed.
The open qualifiers commence on May 14 with the CIS region and end on June 16 with the North American teams. Anyone can sign up, and up to 1024 teams will be able to take part in this fierce battle.
The open qualifiers will feature a single-elimination bracket. We don’t know yet if the matches are Bo1 or Bo3, but we expect the former.
The top eight teams from EU, CIS, and NA will advance to the closed qualifiers, while the best two teams from South America and the best six from Asia will move directly to their regional Minor.
You can sign up through the FACEIT website.
Open qualifiers schedule:
- 14 May - CIS Open Qualifier #1
- 19 May - CIS Open Qualifier #2
- 21 May - CIS Open Qualifier #3
- 26 May - CIS Open Qualifier #4
Asia and Oceania
- 19 May - East Asia Open Qualifier
- 19 May - ME and SEA Open Qualifier
- 19 May - China Open Qualifier
- 26 May - Oceania Open Qualifier
- 26 May - India and SEA Open Qualifier
- 19 May - SA Open Qualifier #1
- 26 May - SA Open Qualifier #2
- 2 June - EU Open Qualifier #1
- 4 June - EU Open Qualifier #2
- 11 June - EU Open Qualifier #3
- 16 June - EU Open Qualifier #4
- 2 June - NA Open Qualifier #1
- 5 June - NA Open Qualifier #2
- 12 June - NA Open Qualifier #3
- 16 June - NA Open Qualifier #4
The closed qualifiers start on June 1 for CIS and end on June 24 for EU and NA.
Sixteen teams, eight invited and eight from the open qualifiers, will clash in the Swiss system format; all matches are Bo3.
The top eight teams from EU and CIS and the top six from NA will earn a spot for the Minors.
Closed qualifiers dates:
- CIS: 1-3 June
- North America: 22-24 June
- Europe: 29 June - 1 July
The FACEIT Major is the 13th Valve sponsored event for CS:GO and the second Major of 2018. It will take place at SSE Arena in London, England where 24 teams will battle for a $1,00,000 prize pool.
Header image: FACEIT
Vincenzo is an esports writer with five years of experience. Former head editor for Natus Vincere, he has produced content for DreamHack, FACEIT, DOTAFire, 2P, and more. Follow him on @SkulzDota.