How to earn free levels in the 2018 Battle Pass. Achievements, tips, wagering, recycling, and game modes can reward you with tens of thousands of points.
Note that even if you are lucky, currently is very hard to get past level 100 starting with a level 1 Battle Pass, and without investing extra money on levels. The situation might change in the future as some features are not available yet.
The Battle Pass expires on August 26th, so will last for about 15 weeks.
- Number of Cavern Crawl rooms with points increased.
- Added daily and weekly challenges plus related achievements.
- Added Dota Pro Circuit predictions.
- Added Collector’s Cache.
- Added The Underhollow and achievements.
This is the best and more reliable method to earn points as you just need to grind games and explore the maze.
There are 42 rooms with 350 points and 9 with 2,000 points each, for a total of 32.7 levels.
One can tip up to three players in the same game, for a maximum of ten per week.
Tips are worth 25 points each, but the value increases according to the Battle Pass level of the tipper: 50 at level 92, 100 at level 337, and 200 at level 1,505.
Tips cost nothing, so you can easily receive at least one daily or more - if you deserve it.
Potentially, you can exchange all your 10 weekly tips, for a total of 150.
Levels obtainable with 150 tips:
- 25 points tips: 3.7 levels.
- 50 points tips: 7.5 levels.
- 100 points tips: 15 levels.
- 200 points tips: 30 levels.
You get 1,000 points to wager on your games - they reset every week. If all your predictions are correct, you can earn 2 levels per week, for a maximum of 30 levels before the Battle Pass expires.
Leveling up the Battle Pass also grants more points to bet weekly:
- +500 points from level 120 - up to 3 levels per week, for a maximum of 45.
- +500 points from level 268 - up to 4 levels per week, for a maximum of 60.
- +1000 points from level 383 - up to 6 levels per week, for a maximum of 90.
Tribute tokens are single-use tokens that can be wagered to give points to your entire team in case of victory. They do not reset weekly, but you can only acquire them at the following levels:
- 250 points tokens: 2 tokens at levels 8, 38, 68, 103, 214, and 248.
- 500 points tokens: 2 tokens at level 273 and 10 at 418.
- 1,000 points tokens: 20 tokens at level 755.
Note: I have not checked if more tokens are available past this point.
You can get up to 3 levels with your 250 points tokens, and possibly many more depending on those used by your teammates.
- 5 victories with 250 points tokens every week: 18.7 levels.
- 2 victories with 250 points tokens every week: 7.5 levels.
Recycling immortals gives 2 levels each.
Each Immortal treasure has 6 standard quality sets plus a chance to drop a rare, very rare, ultra rare, and cosmiscally rare item.
Below, a breakdown of all immortals you can find:
- Treasure I: 1 - 10 - 22 - 34 - 46 - 80 - 220 (repeats every 30 levels).
- Treasure II: 1 - 98 - 112 - 132 - 152 - 230 (repeats every 30 levels).
- Treasure III: 1 - 164 - 178 - 194 - 206 - 240 (repeats every 30 levels).
- Level 125: earn bonus pack of 3 Immortal treasures.
- Level 375: earn bonus pack of 10 Immortal treasures.
- Trust of the Benefactor: granted at level 83 and every 50 levels starting from 245 - it gives an Immortal treasure plus a chance to drop more extra rare items.
If you choose to recycle all your standard Immortals:
- A total of 20 extra levels at 100.
- A total of 42 extra levels at 200.
- A total of 66 extra levels at 300.
Of course, you will earn fewer levels saving a copy of each set from the very start.
Finally, do not overlook that you might find one of the ultra rare sets and sell them on the market to buy more levels.
- 9.5 levels via achievements obtained playing.
- 3.2 levels by successfully wagering.
- 17.5 levels if you are lucky with Dota Pro Circuit predictions.
- 18 levels via achievements unlocked reaching a high Battle Pass level.
- 2 levels gifting the Battle Pass to a friend, but for the same price you can buy 24 levels for yourself.
- 4 levels via daily and weekly challenges achievements.
- 3.5 levels with The Underhollow achievements.
Dota Plus subscribers will earn 5,000 extra Battle Points and Shards every 100 Battle Levels from 100 to 1,0000: 5 “free” levels every 100.
- 10 levels if the prize pool surpasses last year’s record of $24,787,916.
- 10 levels more if it reaches $30,000,000.
The team-based dungeon game mode has been released on June 14. You can earn up to 2,000 points weekly by winning games.
- There are 11 weeks left before the Battle Pass expires, so 22 levels are available.
- Achievements are worth a total of 3.5 levels.
The weekly cap duplicates to 4,000 points if you have a level 252 Battle Pass, for a total of 44 levels.
Still not out, but expect some rewards from it as well.
Daily and Weekly challenges
Initially, daily and weekly challenges were not included in the Battle Pass (probably due to Dota Plus) but on May 12, Valve re-added them.
- Daily challenges are worth 100 points each: 10.6 levels completing all of them.
- Weekly challenges are worth 400 points each: 6 levels completing all of them.
Dota Pro Circuit predictions
All pro games must be predicted via the dedicated page signing in with your Steam account.
- You receive 25 tokens to bet on matches, which are refreshed periodically.
- Each token wagered grants 40 points in case of victory, 20 if the matchup ends with a tie (for Bo2 games).
It is very hard to determine how many levels you can gain via predictions until the Battle Pass expires, but note that you need to bet 25 tokens (25 x 40 = 1,000 points) for a single level.
It is not free as each treasure costs $1.99, but you can still earn levels opening and recycling them.
- Unboxing fourteen chests grants 27 levels.
- Each set can be gifted once or recycled for 2 levels.
Check out all the Collector's Cache sets.
Vincenzo is an esports writer with five years of experience. Former head editor for Natus Vincere, he has produced content for DreamHack, FACEIT, DOTAFire, 2P, and more. Follow him on @SkulzDota.